Thursday, March 13, 2008

Proper banana storage

Elijah is still sick, but I believe he may be on the upswing. Dan stayed home with him Monday through Wednesday of this week in an attempt to get him healthy as quickly as possible. As some of you out there may know, staying home with a baby by yourself for multiple days in a row is no easy task, emotionally and otherwise. It gets really draining (no offense, Elijah, you're so totally worth it!), especially when that baby is sick. A few nights ago I opened the silverware drawer to get a spoon, only to find a half of a banana mingled in with the steak knives. I showed Dan my finding and he looked at me glassy-eyed and said, "What?! I was trying to increase the life span of the banana!" I've been teasing him about it all week. Elijah, ease up on the poor daddy, you're making him weary. :)

Right now our poor boy has the reddest butt I've ever seen. Last night when I put him in the bath he screamed bloody murder. The water must have stung his poor bum to pieces. We got some magic cream from the doctor so hopefully that will work quickly!

Have I mentioned the recent increase in clinginess? He is one clingy kid these days. I don't know if it's because he's sick or because it's just that age or both, but he needs one or both of us touching him if anyone else is within twenty feet of us. His one year photo session was quite a challenge last weekend and Dan said he had a complete meltdown at the doctor's office yesterday. Just when we have some hospital time ahead! Ahhhhh yes, it should be interesting.

Assuming he keeps getting better, we're still on for the cath next Wednesday. Please keep our sweet chunky man in your prayers. We want a healthy boy on Wednesday and good results from the cath! Thanks for checking in on us!

12 comments:

Kathy said...

The banana...that's funny DAN!!!
I hope little Eli starts feeling better. Poor little bum. Isaac got the worst bum rash at Sranford...and I vowed that he would NEVER get another one. So...I'm a butt paste fanatic! Every diaper change, I goop it on! (it can't feel good...butt paste on your bum all the time...) But...we haven't had another rash...and I'm keeping it that way!
Hope the magic cream helps! (We had to let oxygen blow on Isaac's bum to help clear it up!!!) Tell Dan to blow on his bum! (I'm cracking myself up again!) Which means this should be the end of my comment!
Hope you guys have a restful weekend...BEHAVE Mr. Eli...

Samantha said...

Kathy...you crack everyone up!

The banana story is hysterical as always! Dan, you are simply an amazing husband and daddy! I still think you need to do a daddy/husband training seminar--you are a teacher after all...

Sorry our sweet boy is still not 100%...you know a lot of that clinginess may just be the developmental business of stranger anxiety...just a thought...but I do know when they are not feeling well all that is good in the world is mommy (and daddy too).

Love ya!
Samantha

jencooper said...

I am so happy to hear that Mr. Elijah is feeling better. It is no fun to feel sick! I was laughing about the banana! Too funny. I know that you will be able to have the heart cath and that it will be awesome. He will breeze through!! He is awesome that way!

<3,
Jen

Krista said...

Ah...the joys of the 1 year old clingingness! Welcome...to a few months of "I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYONE BUT MOM AND DAD!" Whenever I dropped Kate off with my mom (and she would scream and scream!)...she would tell Kate to tough it out, cause she was going to baby boot camp...always tough on the mommies...but a definite sanity necessity.

Definitely will be sending prayers for a healing weekend and a healthy healthy boy on Wednesday

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Elijah is starting to turn the corner and feel better! He needs to stay healthy right now, so good timing! It's funny how we complain when our boys don't want anything to do with us, then complain when they don't want anyone BUT us! I'm so guilty of that!!

Have a wonderful weekend! Hope Eli's little butt clears up. OUCH!!

~Cindy

Ann(ie) said...

NO kidding!! It is so much work staying home with a sick munchkin. Matt did it a few days last month with Ben and I was calling every hour which drove him even more nuts. Poor dude. I'm glad he's feeling better and I'll be thinking of him next week. Keep us posted, I know it'll be good news, girlie.

Ehlan said...

Prayers! Especially for next week!

Anonymous said...

I have officially decided you are never allowed to change the picture at the top of your blog! I stare at that little face with those big, beautiful eyes everytime I check on you guys!! It's a "haunting" kind of picture...like he's looking right at you! Love it!!!

~Cindy

Unknown said...

My prayers for your little one.
Visit Hip Mama's Place some time--it's a fun place for moms you and me! :)

www.hipmamasplace.com

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Fongers crossed he is well enough for the cath to go ahead... it is terrible when the kids are so unwell.... I hate it...
Biggest hugs to you all...

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Oh girl... you hang in there...

I KNOW what you mean about being alone w/ a sick child... very draining!

I pray he feels better real soon!!

Banana Dan is hysterical.

Unknown said...

Oh the banana story...poor Dad! I have to agree with Kathy, the butt paste has worked wonders for us. I'm so glad I saw this post cause I had the cath written on my calander for next Tuesday. I'll be praying that all goes well with the cath and you have a well mannered little man. Oh by the way, have I told you how clingy Arianna...OMG it can drive me crazy some days. I love her but she can be alot sometimes. It must be a 1 year old thing.