Wednesday, June 24, 2009

As good as our little boy is feeling, I'm beginning to wonder if I imagined surgery?

No new pics again today, so you get one that was taken exactly two years ago..



Our spunky little boy is doing awesome! I never thought he would be doing this well six days after surgery. We had canceled all of his therapies this week in anticipation of him being sore and sluggish or even still in the hospital, but now I wish we wouldn't have. Oh well.

We have noticed that Elijah's appetite has increased a lot since surgery. It has to be a coincidence because I cannot think of any reason why surgery would have made him so hungry. He has always been a good eater overall, with chunks of time here and there where he wouldn't eat very well. And he has always been very selective about what he puts in his mouth. If he doesn't like the way something looks, he absolutely will not allow entry. Yesterday he let me put a fruit snack in his mouth and he ate it! He would not have done that before. Today he was sitting on the floor with a box of crackers in his lap, munching on cracker after cracker. He would not have done that before. Whatever the reason for the increased appetite, yay!

Dr. J, Elijah's neurologist, called today to let us know that the results from his bloodwork that checked for muscle disorders came back perfect! Check off another worry.

Next on our list is to get Elijah scheduled for a hearing test and to get evaluated by an ENT for his nasal speech. Crossing things off the list feels wonderful!

4 comments:

mina said...

Awww, just as cute, except with less hair!

So good to hear that Elijah is doing so well post op. Tough little guy, isn't he? And yay for normal results!

Anonymous said...

yay for being back home! since we missed being able to visit you in the hospital, maybe we could come down and visit some time this weekend?? I will send you an email...
I can't imagine how emotionally "wringing" this all must feel. As a huge cryer myself, I know I would have constant bloodshot eyes. but praise God that E made it through well and is going great!!
xoxo
Ann Marie and Paul

Cecilia said...

He looks cute as always!!!

Glad to hear Elijah is doing great and eating well after surgery.

I am praying for a normal hearing test for your little man.

Have a nice weekend!!!

Love and hugs from Ceci & Paul xx

jencooper said...

Woohoo!! I am so happy that you got good news!

So happy that the main man is feeling so good. Are kids just amazing??

Have a terrific Thursday!!

<3,
Jennifer