Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday funday



We took Elijah to the Children's Museum downtown today for the first time and it was awesome! What a cool cool place. We got there right when it opened, so we had the entire ant tunnel floor to ourselves. Dan and I crawled through the tunnels on our hands and knees with Elijah, and we all totally loved it. Our knees started to hurt after a while so we moved onto other things.


Not so sure what to think of the giant ant.

We attempted story time at the museum. I really had no idea how Elijah would do with this. He seemed to want to crawl around and through the kids and just take everything (but the story) in. Then he spotted two huge doors to the right of us. I saw where his gaze was leading and gave Dan the we-have-to-leave-the-room-now look. We are constantly having to divert his attention to other things when he spots doors, cupboards, anything that he can open and close repeatedly. I can just see Elijah in kindergarten, avoiding games and kids and color time because he wants to be along the wall, playing with doors of some sort. I really hope this obsession fades.


Turtle Dan.


This is a door that was painted on a wall (there were a few of these), and Elijah could not understand why he couldn't get it to open.


The water centers were a ton of fun. This was one of his favorite rooms.


He stood there by himself for quite a while.

The rash is better today, thankfully. I'm worried that Elijah has an allergy to Tylenol since last night was the first night I haven't given it to him in over a week. I guess we'll find out the next time he needs it. I'm just glad the bumps seem to be getting better. We were able to spend some time outside this afternoon since it has cooled off, yay!


Using sidewalk chalk for the first time!

I must go grab my dirty boy and give him his nightly sponge bath. I can't wait to be able to throw him in the tub again. He gets his stitches out tomorrow, so hopefully after that we will be cleared for normal baths.


Pretty art, Elijah!


Dan balanced out all of my "hearts and flowers" chalk art with this lovely drawing. I know, weird.

8 comments:

Krista said...

looks like such a fun place...Seth loved the water rooms in Children's Museums.

The little guy is looking so good..hard to believe he is just a couple weeks out!

Samantha said...

What fun! It looks like you ALL had a great time!!! I love the Dan Turtle picture, that is top notch! And Dan's chalk art...hmmm...poor deer :( Anyway, glad that the little guy is doing well! I am sure that you cannot wait for the real tub!

Love!
Samantha

jencooper said...

Oh my gosh! I just spit water out of my mouth when I scrolled down and saw 'Turtle Dan!' That was hysterical!!

It looks like you had a terrific time at the museum. We haven't ever taken Gracie, but Bennett loves the one in Dallas. Perhaps it is time for another trip - seeing as how it is consistently above 100 degrees here!

I hope that your appointment goes well tomorrow!

<3,
Jennifer

Tina:0) said...

I have to agree, "Turtle Dan"... hysterical!!!

It looks like he's having such a great time! We may have to take the girls down to the one here in Columbus during vacation so that Daddy can go with us!

Praying for a good appointment!

Cecilia said...

It looks like you guys had great fun at the museum. "Turtle Dan" was very cute lol ...

Hopefully little Elijah's rash is getting better now.

All the best for his appointment.

Love from Ceci & Paul xoxo

Unknown said...

How fun, Sounds like you all had a blast. I just love all of the pictures. Elijah is such a cutie pie.

I am glad his rash is going away and he is doing so much better.

Anonymous said...

Omg!! I'm at the DMV and just LOLed when I saw Dan's chalk drawing. Is that a dead deer in the truck bed as well?? Julie P

Ehlan said...

It's okay, Ryan always draws himself shooting a buck with his bow with sidewalk chalk. Must be a boy thing! I love his hair... :) (Elijah's not Dan's, but Dan's is great too...) :)