Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Preview of the teen years

On Monday of this week I took a few hours off work so Dan and I could have an afternoon date. While Elijah was soundly asleep at daycare, we went to a local amusement park to get some quick thrills. Dan and I share the love of The Adrenaline Rush, so we had a fun time falling and zooming through the air. We knew our time was short, so we literally ran from ride to ride to fit everything in (and I have shin splints to prove it!). It was a perfect day for doing this because it was cloudy and a tiny bit chilly, so the only people there were teenagers on school outings. The lines were super short, so we were able to make the most of those couple of hours.

I think there were maybe only ten other people in the park over the age of 17. It was a little bit alarming for me to be in the midst of so many hormones and so much drama. I don't know how Dan (or any teacher, for that matter) stays sane! We had a great afternoon and then we grabbed our monkey and headed home to enjoy a yummy grilled meal and an evening together as a family.

Elijah is still coughing pretty badly. In fact, this morning it sounded even worse than it has been. Aside from the cough he is doing fine, so we are holding onto hope that he will be well enough for surgery next week.

5 comments:

jennifer said...

So glad you and Dan caught some thrills together even if it isn't exactly sky diving :). I hope Mr. Elijah feels soon and stay that way.

Mami Adame said...

Love all the cute videos. Hope your little man is feeling better soon!

Cecilia said...

Glad you and Dan had great fun at the park. You both deserve a fun-filled break!

I hope your little man's cough will soon be gone.

Lots of love and hugs to little Elijah xoxo

Unknown said...

I am so glad you and Dan got a chance to have an afternoon date, how fun that must have been.
I am sorry that Elijah is still coughing poor little guy it just won't go away will it. I hope he gets to feeling better real soon.

The Smith's said...

Is Dan a teacher?! Roger is a teacher - 5th grade. You are right, teachers definitely have a special gift of patience and sanity!

What a fun date, good for you two for taking the time to enjoy each other!

love, Jesse