Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ghetto, here we come!

Since I don't have any new pics and since pic-less posts are dull (these are for you, Amber!), here is Elijah exactly one year ago, looking very unimpressed.



I did a random picking of the 18th folder in my Elijah Photos and the 2nd picture inside of that, and came to this sweet face.



We are getting our things packed up for our hospital vacation. I'm thinking we should write a book titled Things To Pack For Your Hospital Stay, or Emotions You Should Expect To Feel Before, During And After Your Hospital Stay, or The PICU Is A Dreadful (Yet Wonderful) Place.

I'm feeling simultaneously anxious and peaceful as we prepare for this surgery. Elijah is going to be very well cared for by God, and also by his amazing surgeon and the rest of the amazing staff at Children's. And by us, too, of course. While we have this knowledge strongly on our hearts, the usual pre-surgery battery of mixed emotions are still inevitable.

It's so cool to see how the same people rally around us each time we head into something like this. We have amazing people in our lives, and we are so thankful for that. In the beginning, back when we were novices, it was sometimes hard accepting and comprehending the amount of support we received from people. We felt like we were inconveniencing everybody, and if you know Dan and me, we both have serious issues with this (we have gotten better). Since then, we have learned to: 1) pay it forward and lend support to others whenever we can, and 2) allow people to show their love to us during times like this and to just be thankful! And we are! So so thankful.

10 comments:

ThePicks said...

You'll be in our thoughts and prayers in the days ahead. Hoping the surgery goes smoothly and the recovery is quick and uneventful.

Sending you lots of love!
The RA

Kathy said...

Amen sister...
you said it all so well.

now...email the hospital so I can send my little man some goodies!

hug him tight for me!

Krista said...

All 3 of you will be in my prayers and thoughts tomorrow and through the week...so sorry you have to go through this again..but grateful they found it and can fix it!
I'm sure you'll have a brand NEW man before long
Blessings

Tina:0) said...

Oh, what a book that would be! ;0)

Praying for a good night's rest tonight & a peaceful day tomorrow, with a wonderful result! Give that little man some hugs from us!

Andrea said...

Maybe we could all co-write the books together!
In your moments of anxiety remember Philippians 4:6-7 and be encouraged that there are so many of us lifting you up in prayer.

Heart Hugs!

Tiffers said...

Good luck! I too have thought numerous times to write a book. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hug that baby of yours.

Tiffany

my life: said...

I am loving that first photo...that's a great shot...also, that little monster...I want to squish him! Seriously...he looks so yummy!!!!

Know that as I have plenty of drive time...sitting around hospital time...I am remembering you, sweet little Elijah, and Dan. Lifting you all before Him.

Sarah said...

Yes... I type up a list every hospital stay of things we pack and then afterwards add things we should/should not have packed. We should get together, us heart Mom's, and write a book!
We are praying this morning! Hugs to you all. Can't wait for an update.

Tricia said...

Peace and blessings on his surgery. Please keep us posted...

Cecilia said...

I am loving that first photo too, he is seriously adorable and cute. I just want to hold him tight and give him a big kiss.

All the best of luck to your little man's surgery.

You guys will be in our thoughts ..

Hugs to you all xoxo