Friday, June 19, 2009

A pic from yesterday (before the chaos) and one from today (thankfully there is no photographic evidence of the chaos)





We are still waiting to be moved out of the PICU. Apparently there are a ton of H1N1 cases in this place, so a lot of space is being used up by those patients. Don't even ask me if I'm freaked out about being in such close proximity with swine flu patients or I will start to convulse.

Elijah is doing really well still this afternoon. He is totally refusing to go onto his back, which we hear is unusual but not totally out of the ordinary. He has been hanging out on his tummy ever since he got out of surgery. The doctors don't have a problem with this. They say that he will lead, and he will show us when he is ready to move in whatever ways feel good for him.

We gave him a sponge bath today and washed a lot of the goop off his back. His bandages will come off tomorrow. Our boy is doing great!

Don't be embarrassed having me as a friend/family member/whatever I am to you, when I tell you that I attacked MckMama in the hallway today. Well, I didn't really attack, I just hugged her without introducing myself first. I've just been praying so hard for her baby and I never thought I'd ever meet her, so the moment moved me. Hopefully she didn't think I was too strange.

Thanks for checking in and thanks for all of the prayers, especially after yesterday. Wow, what a day that was. It is one that I will never forget.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad to read that things are better now for Elijah; the power of prayer is an amazing thing. Praying for continued rest and healing for Elijah and your family!

Debra

Cecilia said...

I love those photos! Elijah looks adorable and cute as always. I am praying for recovering for your little man and you guys!

Lots of love and hugs from Cecilia & Paul xoxo

TimnKatienElinSam said...

You are holding it together so well! You are such a strong mama! I am so happy to hear ( I have been obsessively checking for updates :) how well Elijah is doing..although I am not at all surprised, as he is a surgery superstar!! Big prayers being sent for a speedy recovery!

xxoo-the Yoders

ThePicks said...

Glad to hear a positive update; absolutely LOVE Elijah's hair in that one photo =) Will keep praying for the best for you three!
Love ya!
The RA

Tina:0) said...

I LOVE the "bed-head" ;0) He looks like he's not feeling too bad... actually quite comfy in both of the pictures!

Glad to hear that you'll be out of PICU, but praying you stay away from H1N1!

Give him a little tickle on the foot for us:0)

Kathy said...

He looks so darn cute!
and I can just picture you tackling MckMama...you're so funny Megan!
I hope she's watching your blog too!

Kiss that cutie pie for me...and put a mask on him!

Tracy said...

What a sweet little man :). Tons of prayers are continuing to come your way for a speedy recovery :).

Anonymous said...

I was so glad you did attack me in the hallway! Surprise hug attacks are the best. Honest. Um, as long as you don't have the Swine Flu that's going around here. You don't, do you?

Yes, I am commenting on your blog even though we are in the same hospital right now. And even though you are in the room that neighbor's Stellan's with your Elijah.

And....is that blanket what I think it is!?!

Hope you three have a great night,

MckMama

Unknown said...

You are so funny the ladie must have thought you were craxy going up and hugging her:)

That is nice you were able to give him a sponge bath I am sure it will help him feel a little better.

Hope tonight goes well for you all.