Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cling


I couldn't help myself last night. He looked sooo cute when I checked on him before I went to bed.

Last night as I was putting Elijah to bed he felt just a tiny bit warm to me. This morning he still felt warm so I took his temp and he was 99.5 degrees. Not bad, but he usually runs a really low temp, so his body was up to something. Dan stayed home with him and he seemed a little extra tired, but other than that and the slight temp, he was fine. Dan took him to the doctor just to make sure everything was ok since we are leaving town tomorrow, and everything looked fine. The doctor thinks Elijah either has a very very mild viral thing going on or that his body is reacting to his new molars coming in. I'm about to give him a dose of tylenol (temp is still just barely above normal) and put him to bed early. He looks so tired.

Please pray that this is just something little and that he has a healthy, fun, safe weekend at Grandma's house.

We will bring him to his surgical consultation in the morning and then Dan and I are off to the airport! Unfortunately I probably won't be able to write an update about the appointment until next week. Maybe I'll find a computer and update quick sometime this weekend. I don't know, I might be too obsessed with sitting by the pool.

I'm pretty sure Elijah understands that we are going to be gone for a few days. He is normally a snuggly boy, but I've never seen him THIS snuggly. He has been literally stuck to Dan or me all day/night. I have to say that I don't mind it at all! Of course, it could also be because he isn't feeling 100%, but usually even when he's sick he doesn't get to this degree of snuggliness.


Awwww, laying on Daddy.

Ok, gonna go get my share of loves quick before bed. Have a good holiday weekend, everyone! Please keep our man in your prayers. Thank you!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww, I just love the picture of him on Daddy what a little cutie pie. I hope he gets to feeling 100%and does not get any worse.


Can't wait to see ya.

Tina:0) said...

Any snuggles are good snuggles:0) Even if they're because he's trying to make you feel guilty for leaving him (LoL)!!

Praying for a good consultation tomorrow & good results!

Hope you have a good time on vacation!

jennifer said...

Praying that Elijah stays healthy so Mama and Papa can play! And, that the neuro consult will not be too exciting.

Have a safe and fun trip!

my life: said...

Always praying...I'm learning...it's never over. :0)

My prayer for this weekend though is...health for the little man, the best news today from neuro...and loads of fun and relaxation for you and Dan!

Squeeze Kathy for me!! :0)

Cecilia said...

Elijah is such a cutie and sweetie pie, as always!!! I hope he will be feeling 100% very soon.

I hope the little man has good results from the appointment with his surgical consultant!

Have a fun-filled vacation with Dan!

Lots of love xoxo

Ann(ie) said...

Have a good safe trip, sweetie. He'll be eaten up with love at Gma and Gpa's!!!!!