Sunday, May 31, 2009

(Still) sick in MN


Our weekend has consisted of a lot of this.


And this (nebs AND being stuck to Mommy).

Our little sicky still isn't feeling well. He is still fatigued constantly, he is coughing a lot and he has started grabbing his face, which makes me wonder about a sinus infection. We will likely be heading back to the doctor in the morning. His eyes are looking a little bit better. The eye ointment seems to be helping. The first three or four days Dan put the medicine in his eyes it was awful. He would freak out as if someone were trying to slice his head off. Yesterday and today I have had to put the medicine in myself since Dan has been gone, and...he LAUGHS! I'm not kidding!

It has been beautiful outside this weekend. We have stayed close to home, though, to try to help mend the sick boy. We did make it to the park a few times. Yesterday I decided I would set Elijah down on the tiny little rocks that line the ground of the park. At first he was hesitant to touch them but after a few minutes he was digging holes and pouring them over his head and putting them down his shirt and having a blast. I always feel bad about the exploring that he misses out on from not walking, so it was nice to see him experience something that he normally wouldn't. The other parents at the park were looking at us a little sideways as we sat on the ground together, both of us covered in rocks and giggling away. Our Rock Play came to an end when I noticed both of Elijah's ears were filled with rocks! I'm hoping I got them all out and that none of them crept inside.

Dan has been working at the dropzone all weekend. We miss having Daddy at home, especially on a weekend, but it is nice to have the extra money. We are anxiously anticipating his Sunday night arrival!

Elijah has been saying a ton of words every day. A lot of them sound like OCK, OP and NEE. I've figured out that OCK means: park, clock, rock, milk, truck, sock, book and Shrek. OP means: map, mop, cup, help and up. NEE means a lot of things. He points to many things and says this, and I just shake my head up and down and say, "Yes! Nee! Good job!"

I just have to make a few tweaks to my Vacation post, so it will be up tomorrow. Enjoy the remnants of the weekend and have a great week!

7 comments:

The Smith's said...

At Luke's pre-Glenn cath, in the recovery room, there was a little boy next to us, separated only by a curtain. His nurse was talking with him and we heard her say, "So tell me why you put that shell in your ear? Are you going to do that again?" and the little boy replied, "No! But I just wanted to hear the ocean!" Yikes! Too sweet.

Hope Elijah is back to his happy energetic self SOON, for his sake and for you and Dan's! Glad you guys had a relaxing weekend.

love, Jesse

Cecilia said...

Glad you had a fun-filled weekend with little Elijah. Hope he is better soon.

Sending our love and hugs your way xoxo

Anonymous said...

Your rock story made me smile. What a great mom you are. Here's to getting well this week for Elijah!

Jane said...

Sorry he's still sick. What a bummer. I've been thinking of you guys a lot lately. I'm hoping you will have a joy filled summer with lots of rocks, sand, mud and whatever else makes that little boy happy.

Ann(ie) said...

Ben is a rock freak, too. Today he was walking around the park for god knows how long with one in his mouth. yeah. neat.

Tina:0) said...

Glad you were able to get out to the park, even though poor little guy still isn't feeling well. Vaeh was still off & on with a fever over the weekend... I'm thinking tonsils - ugh!

Hope you all had a nice 'reunion' on Sunday. Can't wait to see the vacation post!

Tracy said...

Good to hear you had a nice weekend and way to go with all those words!! Hope he's feeling better really soon.