Friday, May 15, 2009

Elijah v. Croup, Round 6 (Elijah v. Viral Infection, Round 13)

If any sort of illness is floating around our house, it is sure to manifest itself in Elijah in the form of croup. That is exactly what happened again last night (thanks to my illness). Well, very early this morning. At 4:30 we did our usual go outside, do a neb, give oral steroids routine. How sad that it's becoming routine for us.

The good thing is that it was pretty mild in comparison to his previous croup episodes. Hopefully that means only a short visit with The Cough.

What a week!

8 comments:

my life: said...

Seriously...did they not get the memo? They are unwelcome guests in your home!

I'm sure that a squeeze and a kiss from me would improve him by leaps and bounds...please deliver them for me. :0)

Hang in there momma!

Unknown said...

I'm exhausted just from reading your post! Whew! TGIF, right?! I hope you guys have an awesome weekend.

Thanks for being so good with the updates - wish I could!

Sending extra love, blessing and prayers your way.
Cara

Tina:0) said...

Okay, maybe we're going about this all wrong. We need to really let this cough/croup guy have it & tell it it's evicted!

I'm with Amber, hugs & kisses should help, so add some from us to that dose!

Cecilia said...

Hope you guys are feeling better now. No more cough and croup episodes for my little cutie pie.

Sending our love, hugs and kisses your way!!!

Relax and have an awesome weekend!

Melanie said...

Oh no! No more sickies Elijah!! I just love reading your blog. My favorite was the middle of the night swine flu conversation!!

I am so happy to hear that Elijah's spine issue is fixable. I know it means another surgery but, the good news is that something can be done. Good luck with everything!

Kathy said...

He needs to shine the cough away..
bring him to Vegas...
the sun will melt his cough!!!

hope he has a better night.

jennifer said...

I hope Elijah gets better, and The Cough will just leave him alone! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Unknown said...

You have to be kidding me! This is just not fair at all. I hope he gets better soon. Poor little guy. Hope your feeling better as well.