Sunday, May 17, 2009

Two things I learned today

1. Elijah is terrified of hair dryers. I never "do" my hair. Unless I'm in a wedding, or unless there is an equally big event. It's one of those things that takes up too much precious time for me. Because of this, Elijah has never seen a hair dryer. Since I got my hair done yesterday, I figured I would try to style it for church this morning. The two of us were hanging out in the bathroom and I turned on the hair dryer. I'm pretty sure I would have seen the same reaction from him if someone were murdering me in front of his eyes. He was absolutely terrified. I turned it off and tried again a few more times, but always got the same horrified reaction, so I gave up. I guess I'm not meant to have stylish hair.

2. Elijah knows how to count! I heard him playing in his room this morning, counting his toys. He was saying, "uh, oo, ee, oh" (oo and ee are said with a closed mouth). I went into his room and asked him how old he was. He said, "Oo!" I asked him how many balls were in front of him. He said, "Oh!" I asked him to count to four. He said, "Uh, oo, ee, oh!" WHAT?! I was pleasantly surprised. My little smartypants.


Only our boy would be more interested in the gate itself than the many toys sitting behind him. He stared at the gate and touched it over and over, totally intrigued by it.


Eventually he made his way back to the toys.

Dan is still at the dropzone. He has been working all day. Elijah and I made it to the park, and we played outside for a bit. It is a beautiful Minnesota day. Right now he is munching on a peanut butter sandwich. When he's done we are going to finger paint and then take a bath and get ready for bed. Thanks for checking in! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

5 comments:

Tina:0) said...

OMG!! I just love that little face! I wanna just gobble him up!!

Looks like he finally got the idea that the toys were behind him:0) Isn't it funny how you can have mounds of toys & they only want to play with the box (or something equally simple)?!

Glad you were able to get out & enjoy the nice weather. I had to cover my plants tonight... frost warning - UGH!!

Give that little man smooches from us!

Unknown said...

Love the pictures! He is such a cutie pie.

Glad to hear you got your hair cut and colored. This was my first time and I loved it. I think I need to do it more often. :)

Glad you had a wonderful weekend!

Cecilia said...

I love the pictures! Elijah is such a sweetie!

Give him a big hug from us!

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

What a cutie pie, Thanks for sharing those cute photos, Sounds like you all had a great weekend.

mina said...

So smart! And cute, cute, cute!