Thursday, May 7, 2009

Perspective, wow.

I just got done deleting the post I was going to publish that ranted about how yucky of a week I have been having, blah blah, poor me.

Before I was able to publish it, I found this. This little boy is in the hospital with serious head trauma after falling from three stories, head first onto concrete. His future is uncertain, his parents are devastated. A single moment has changed their lives forever. My chest literally aches over this. I had to step into the other room and let out a good cry to relieve some of the aching. It's almost like I can feel a millionth of a tiny sliver of what they must be feeling.

All of the screaming that we have heard this week (from Elijah, not us...although it's been tempting) and the tiredness we have felt are suddenly ERASED. None of it matters. Tonight, I'm not going to lose my patience, I'm not going to let myself get overwhelmed by the little things. Maybe I will even embrace those crazy screams (and The Cough?) because who knows when they could be gone.

Pray for this family. Go to their blog and show them support. Hug your families extra tight tonight. Tell everyone just how much you love them. Appreciate what you have.

7 comments:

mina said...

I'll be praying for that precious little boy. Hoping that this weekend leads in to a better week for you, Dan and Elijah.

Krista said...

It's so true...the times you wish and wish "it" all to go away...and then suddenly "it" is all gone...and you want nothing more and would give everything to have "it" all back!

Embrace each momment...each scream...each tantrum! Praying that you find peace and joy in the midst of it all.

Ann(ie) said...

OH sweetie...puts it all in perspective for me, too. I'm going to stop my belly aching about my crappy week and go visit that poor family. :( BUT, I do want to tell you how much your comments meant to me on my blog. You are the bestest blog buddy ever. xo.

TOMMORROW IS FRIDAY...Happy Happy weekend, sugar!!!!

Cecilia said...

I just visited the blog about Aidan, I hope he will be getting better everyday.

Life is too short to moan all the time, so we should appreciate what we have at this moment.

Have a love-filled weekend!

Love and hugs to you all xoxo

Unknown said...

I hope you have a better day today... Today is Friday keep your chin up.


Hugs coming your way!!!!



Karen

Kathy said...

girl....you said it.

All those things that our kids do to drive us nuts...
just smile...
because, we have them. don't let everything else in the world overwhelm you or stress you out...because, we have our little stink bombs...and that's the most important thing.

(I say this to myself as my teenager is nagging me to buy something expensive, my 6 year old won't stop talking about a new video game he needs to play even though it's rated M, and my little Icky lays the stinkiest stink bomb, throws up, won't eat, throws dvds on the floor.....i am thankful for each and every annoying thing that they!!

ok...i need your itinerary.
is E coming out with you??
ok...if not, i need to send you a ticket for him and I"ll watch him why you're here.
hug him tight for me!
kathy

Tiffers said...

I am so glad I visited your blog today. Please let me know what you find that works to not lose your patience. We are often overwhelmed at the Hartgraves house too. With Harrison's lack of verbal communication, we listen to him whine and scream for 80% of the time he is with us. He does not do it when he stays with aunts or nana. Someone told me yesterday that children are a blessing given to us by god. He said H is a miracle gift and as parents it is our job to raise them and teach them to be just like god. It really touched me. I pray that I can remember that after I have been listening to H scream for an unlimited amount of time.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am thankful to see I'm not alone. Happy Mother's Day...you deserve it.