Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


Wearing the neb mask like a big boy and sporting his cute new shirt from our friend Cecilia. I just love the color, and of course, Elijah is the king of long sleeved t-shirts and loungewear.

Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mamas out there! I hope you have all had special days.

My boys have made today special for me. I woke up to a yummy breakfast waiting for me. It was supposed to be breakfast in bed, but I came downstairs too soon. Oops. Then all of the husbands (Dan's brothers-in-law and himself) made lunch for the ladies. It turned out great! They made a huge feast and we were impressed with what they pulled together. They even did the dishes, yay!


Stop me before I eat him up.

I got another treat this weekend, too. One of my very best friends in the whole world, Heather, drove up from Iowa with her two cuties for the weekend. Heather and I were roommates in college for four years and I just love and miss her to pieces. It is always so nice to catch up, and seeing her two kids was icing on the cake! We went to the Mall of America on Saturday for a while. Well, Elijah and I were only there for a while because of naptime, but Heather & kids were troopers and they stayed for the entire day. Elijah and I watched Molly and Ben (her kids) go on a few rides and we all had lunch at the Rainforest Cafe.

Elijah showed a genuine interest in Molly and Ben, which is pretty unusual for him. It was so nice to see him approach them both, wanting to play, and not being afraid to physically touch them. I loved seeing it! Thank you soo much for driving up for a visit, you guys! It was awesome seeing all of you.


I tried giving Elijah a mix of foods/snacks to see if he would sample all, or at least most, of them. He didn't. I'll keep trying, though. His eating is getting pickier and pickier, and I want to continue offering him a variety of things.

I forgot to mention that Dan let me take a long nap this morning. Actually, it was just an hour and a half lying in bed since I couldn't sleep (which is totally ridiculous, as tired as I always am). It was nice, though. Tonight I'll get a nice long bath and then we'll watch my requested movie, Harry Potter (5th one), since I just finished that book this weekend.


Getting some work done.


Check out this cool book that Elijah's ECSE therapists made for him. I had put a bunch of photos together for them to laminate and put together into a book, in hopes of getting Elijah to point to the things he wants and to communicate better. There is an activities section, a food section, a people section, an objects section and a tv shows section. Since getting this book, we have learned what the two most important things are to him. Special Agent Oso (tv show) and cheese. He holds one of these photos in each hand and he carries them around with him literally wherever he goes.


Mr. Potato Head does not need to smell.

My tummy keeps turning periodically as I think about tomorrow's MRI. Ugh. It will be good to be on the other side of it. Please keep Elijah in your prayers tonight. Pray for as little distress as is possible. Thank you! And thanks for checking in.

9 comments:

ThePicks said...

Good luck tomorrow. We'll be thinking of you guys and hoping all goes well with the MRI.

Glad to hear you had some fun visitors this weekend and of course, a wonderful mother's day!

LOL,
The RA

Sarah said...

We will be saying a prayer for Elijah and that the MRI goes smoothly. You will have to let me know how it goes - Evan has always had a vent. profusion scan and this year they plan to do an MRI. Hugs

Ann(ie) said...

Prayers en route for you lil man, sweetie. Please keep us posted on how he does.

SO GLAD you had a wonderful day where you were pampered!!! I'm dragging Mateo off to watch Marley and me shortly. ;)

xo.

OH and I love how you served snacks in the muffin tin...I'm so copying you!

Andrea said...

Happy Mother's Day Megan! Glad you had a nice day with your boys. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and praying that all goes smoothly.

mina said...

Happy Mother's Day! Will be keeping you and Elijah in my thoughts tomorrow!

Kathy said...

Happy MOther's Day!!!
you are one lucky mama!!!

he'll do great tomorrow....hope your nerves can take it!
hug him tight for me!
kathy

Cecilia said...

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mamas!!!

I am sorry I can't stop you eating Elijah up because I wanna eat him up too!

The best of luck for the MRI, you guys will be in my thoughts.

Hugs and love to you and Elijah xoxo

Unknown said...

You are an Awsome Mom, I hope you have a nice Mother's Day.

Unknown said...

He looks like a little old man with his papers and box on his desk in the last picture. Too cute!

I haven't read your update about his MRI yet but from your comment I know he has a tethered cord. Arianna actually does not have that but had the extra vertebra and butterfly vertebra which is causing the scoliosis. I know it's hard to get news like this. This answers alot of questions about his feet, legs and ankle issues.

Give him a big hug for me!