Saturday, May 16, 2009

Fiesty


Coloring a picture for Grammie P and Gramps. It's on its way to you, you guys!! He just loves these new markers I bought for him. He cries and cries when we have to leave the table after coloring.

I feel like a fresh, new woman! I got my hair cut and colored today. It always feels so good after a good hair cut. And I can't complain about the scalp/neck/hand massages. Earlier today, we got a visit from an old friend, Roger. It was his first time meeting Elijah, so it was a really nice visit. We haven't seen him since before Dan's and my wedding. Thanks for visiting, Rog! Elijah loved you, and we enjoyed catching up with you.


Putting a bow on his lips. There's Rog in the background.

Tonight Dan headed over to urgent care for a softball leg injury (all is ok for now) while Elijah and I went to the grocery store. It was quite an experience for us. Elijah was THAT child in the grocery store. You know, the screaming, fish-flopping one. And I was THAT mother. You know, the totally embarrassed, helpless one. Oh ugh. I took the imitation crab meat from his hands to scan it and pay for it and that's when it all began. The screaming and body flopping lasted for a solid 15 minutes. I had every eye within 50 feet turn and give me The Look. As I did my best to ignore Elijah's ridiculous behavior (after telling him firmly that his behavior was not ok), I had the thought, "Wow. So THIS is what it feels like to be THAT mother. Huh. Interesting." The young man behind the cash register said, "Whoa, kid. You just aaaaaaaren't happy."


My beautiful boy's face. I could smooch that all day long (when he's not screaming like a maniac in the grocery store).

Something is going on with our little man. Teeth, maybe? We had thought all of his teeth were in, but I think we were wrong. He has been sucking, biting, chewing on his hands constantly, which is very unlike him.


He very quickly and randomly fell asleep on me while playing with his letters this morning. This is very unusual for him.


See the pretty flowers Dan and Elijah got me for Mother's Day? Maybe someday we'll have the means to own a nice camera to take fun pics of pretty flowers. In the meantime, this is what you get, and with a happy, handsome man in the background.

3 comments:

mina said...

Tantrums rock. They're so NORMAL ;)

Cecilia said...

I love all those photos!!! I wish I can smooch Elijah's beautiful face all day long ... lol

Unknown said...

ooohhh I just love the picture of him asleep on you he is just so cute. They are so precious at this age.