Monday, May 18, 2009

Waiting..


A shirtless neb. Funny thing, the other day I saw a photo of a little boy about Elijah's age without a shirt on and I actually gasped when I saw that he didn't have scars on his chest. All we know is what is on Elijah, so it was strangely startling to see a scarless torso.

We are still waiting to hear from the neurosurgeon. I suppose it is a good sign that he isn't urgently calling us, but we are still very eager to know exactly what is going on with our munchkin's spine. If I don't hear anything tomorrow, I am supposed to call the neurologist so he can push things along.

We had a nice evening together. Elijah was full of energy and he was in a great mood. He explored every corner of our patio, which was really fun to watch. He picked up a rock and said, "OCK!" and then pointed at the baby gate and said, "DATE!" His speech is coming along really nicely.

That's all I've got. Just a quick update for now. Hopefully I will have an update from the neurosurgeon tomorrow.

8 comments:

Kathy said...

I just want to wiggle that little belly!!!

He's so darn cute!!!

he's still coughing??

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Hope you hear from the surgeon soon so you can put your mind at rest...
He is still the most adorable lil man on the web...

Sarah said...

It is awesome to witness through your writing and pictures how fast Elijah is progressing with his speech! I'm sure not hearing from them when you expected is aggervating!

Tricia said...

The gasp for a lack of scar is something I do quite often. Especially when I see pictures of Olivia from when she was born - preShunt. It's a shocker to me.

Cecilia said...

He certainly is the cutest and adorable little man on the web! I can kiss his beautiful and lovely face all day long.

Hope you'll hear from Eli's neurosurgeon very soon.

mina said...

Cute as ever! I hope you hear from the neurosurgeon soon!

Punya said...

I have a son with chd and a spine condition. There is an online forum that I found very informative and supportive called www.spinekids.com

Unknown said...

Look at that cute little belly I wish logan had one of those...Hopefully no news is good news right.

He is coming right along with his speech that is so awesome.

Can't wait to meet you and your hubby this weekend. Richard might have to work but the kids and I will be there for sure :)