Sunday, May 3, 2009

Love


My very good friend Katie and Elijah. He was so comfortable with her. He actually approached her a couple times on his own and interacted with her, which is not typical behavior for him. Katie, Elijah loves you! (Check out his hair....out of control!)

This weekend was an absolutely awesome weekend. I was able to see Katie, one of my best friends from college, on Friday night. She was in town for a baby shower, so we hung out and chatted till the wee hours. Saturday was a bit of a tired day, but it was totally worth it. On Saturday Dan, Elijah and I went for a bike ride with our new Burley trailer and spent a lot of time outside because it was beautiful. Saturday night we had some friends over and had a really fun time with them. I have a painful blister on my toe from dancing like a maniac in the garage. Today was even more beautiful than yesterday, so we spent a lot of time outside again, going to the park, sitting in the grass, going for a walk, cleaning our cars out.


We got him these glasses when we were at Party City yesterday getting some supplies for our Cinco de Mayo gathering. He is sooo enamored with them.

Right now Elijah is watching Yo Gabba Gabba (Isaac!) and Dan and I are getting ready for another week. Can I just say something? I'm going to get dumb and emotional here, but I am just so happy. I love my life so much. I love my husband, I love my son, I love my friends. I feel like I don't deserve all the goodness. I have been overwhelmed by these feelings all weekend and I've found myself holding Elijah very tightly and smooching him endlessly whenever I can and telling Dan how much I love him whenever I can. Life is good.


Amo mi sombrero! (With a nice hubcap-less car in the background...sorry.)

Thanks so much for checking in on our little boy. We hope you all had great weekends, too!

8 comments:

mina said...

Love the glasses, too cute! So glad you had a great weekend!

Kathy said...

That glasses pic is better than the nose picking pic!!!
He's so freakin' cute!!!

We got a package this weekend...
although, Eli has stolen them all!
(but, i''m going to sneak one back and sew a paci on it for Isaac)...BOTH boys love them!!!
THanks!!

and...you should love life. You've got two handsome guys that love you to death...what more does anyone need???

smooch on him for me!!!
kathy

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Love the pics.. he is still the most handsome lil man I know...
Just wish I could meet him and give him a big squishy cuddle too...

Cecilia said...

Elijah looks cool in that glasses, he is seriously cute and adorable!!!

Megan, you are such a wonderful person, you deserve all the good bits in your life.

I wish I could give little Elijah a big hug and kiss him in person one day!!!

Lots of love xoxo

MDPhoto said...

We had SO much fun at the fiesta on Saturday!!! We should have a Cinco de Junio also!!!!

Melanie said...

Absolutely adorable pictures of Elijah-I love the glasses! So happy to hear that you are all doing well!!

Ann(ie) said...

You seriously take the best pics ever!!!!

Ehlan said...

Ooooh, love the glasses and the sombrero! :)