Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Cheese curds, yum

Elijah had another fever this morning, but again, it was only 99.5 degrees. Dan called the surgeon's office and talked to a nurse. She said that since Elijah has had a cold, the fever is most likely related to that. As long as it doesn't get higher than 101 degrees and he doesn't start throwing up, we shouldn't worry (ha!). His surgical site looks great. It is healing up very nicely and it doesn't look like anything is out of the ordinary there.

We had been planning on going to the state fair tonight, but we weren't sure if it would be in Elijah's best interest, with him not feeling 100% yet. This afternoon we decided just to do it. If we had to come back home, then oh well. This is the only night we'd be able to go this year, so we went. Dan and I pigged out on some yummy greasy food and about half way through, Elijah started to get fussy. If only we had known at the very beginning that Sweet Martha's chocolate chip cookies cured everything! We gave him 1 1/2 cookies, and he didn't fuss the entire rest of the evening. Not even on the way home or as I was putting him to bed way late, at 8:00. Good thing we brought home extra cookies!


Whoa Mama, look at the huge cow!


I'm just going to sit here and scratch my belly.


Not liking the Oink Booth crown too much. I think this was the beginning of the fussiness. Maybe it was just the smell in the pig barn.


Minnesota's largest boar. 1240 lbs.!


Mmmmm, chocolate chip cookies cure everything!




Cookies and milk!


Elijah was IN LOVE with this statue. We were waiting for Dan as he got us some garlic fries (I can still taste the garlic, gross) and Elijah started pointing his finger at something. He was pointing at this cute little man. I took him out of his stroller and walked over to him and he was just in awe. He checked him out for ten solid minutes.


Reading a book on the way home.


So tired, but being so good.

11 comments:

Mami Adame said...

Ok seriously....I want a cookie now! Keeping fingers crossed for no more fevers!
xoxoxo,
Ana

p.s. great! now I have to go bake!

my life: said...

Fabulous post...as usual...I love him more all the time! That is a big thing of cookies...yum..

Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement....and the hugs...they are much appreciated.

Although my heart feels quite heavy right now....I feel positive things on the horizon...
BTW we need more pics of you in these posts....:^) (I always tell my husband..."they have to know that the kids have a mother!")

Kathy said...

Oh..he's such an angel.
That picture of his belly AND the cow...too funny!
and look at you...such a good mommy...your kid reads a book in the car and I just plug in the tv...I want to be like you when I grow up!
Hope you all sleep well,
Kathy

Tina:0) said...

Okay, so are you baking cookies to send to everyone who reads your blog that now has a craving?!?! Looks like you found his vice - "I have to have my cookies, Momma!" Glad that you were all able to enjoy some time out!

Our girls have the same book. I think it even came with a pair of socks!

Give that belly a tickle & those cheeks a smooch!

Andrea said...

Elijah is such a cutie, even when he's crying! And that is one GIANT cow! We should have guessed that the cookies would make all the difference, they always make me feel better!

Unknown said...

That is too funny that the cookies made him happy. He's my kind of man! :)

Looks like you guys had a good time. Man that pig is HUGE! I loved all the pictures but I have to agree. Where are the pictures of mom? I have to beg someone to take a picture of me and Arianna...or fall asleep. LOL!

Hope he is feeling better and fever free.

Love,

Vanessa

Colin's Blog said...

Good for you taking him to the fair!! We're taking Colin this weekend no matter what. It's nice to get to do some fun things with our kids right?? If it makes you feel better we were told a fever for a kid is over 101. Now Colin lives in the 100's all the time!! Also-if you are taking it rectally then it will be slightly higher.

Great pictures as always-maybe I should keep Colin away from the pigs this weekend.

Love,
The Domanicos

Ehlan said...

Mmmm...you are making me hungry...We are going to the fair tomorrow and I am so pumped for yummy food!

Ehlan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samantha said...

SO CUTE!!! He is just precious...I too love the belly shot! So adorable. I am glad that you got to go and enjoy the state fair...fun, fun, fun! I do not have the motivation to bring all three of mine to the fair, so I think I will pass until they are MUCH OLDER!!!

Much love,
Samantha

jencooper said...

I LOVE the state fair. There is nothing better than greasy fair food!! Delish!

I am so happy that you were able to enjoy yourself. That boy...and his belly....is such a cutie!!

Come on down to Texas this weekend so I can love on him....and you can celebrate the big birthday with us!!

<3,
jennifer