Monday, August 11, 2008

Fun with family

Yucky, I looked at my calendar this morning and noticed that next Wednesday is a hospital day for us. Elijah is having a surgery (not heart-related) at 8:30 a.m., and my plan is to beg and plead to not stay over night. I am dreading being in that place again, even if it is for something relatively minor. This Friday is Elijah's 18-month well visit, so he can practice his screaming and crying then.

His cold is slowly improving. He still has a cough and congestion and a runny nose, but he certainly isn't acting sick anymore and he's sleeping like a star again. He is SO CLOSE to crawling. There were a few times this weekend when he was actually up on all fours and I thought for sure he would just take off. How exciting! I thought this day would never come.

We spent the weekend in Okoboji, Iowa, with my dad's side of the family. We had a really fun time seeing everyone and catching up. Elijah got tons of love from everybody. It was sad leaving yesterday because I know we won't see my dad and little brother again for a while (luckily we'll see my stepmom again in November!). I miss them. Elijah misses them, too. He warmed up to them really quickly and did his excited arm/leg flapping every time he saw them.

I have pictures of Elijah splashing in the pool with his (third?) cousin Ian, so I'll post those later tonight. He was a little bit uncertain of the water at first but once he got used to it, he splashed and laughed like a crazy man.

8 comments:

my life: said...

That is a crazy looking name of a city....I thought you meant Japan for a minute!
He's so cute...I'll be praying it's not an overnighter....I know the feeling well.

Ann(ie) said...

YAY can't wait for the pics! They are so cute in the water.

Anonymous said...

I thought you meant Japan for a minute too - I had to re-read it! Can't wait for the pics either, and I hope that things next Wednesday go well.

Samantha said...

Can't wait for the pictures...now remind us what the surgery is for next week...I will certainly keep you guys in my prayers for NO OVERNIGHT stay and a very fast recovery...seems Mr. Elijah likes to get sick right before he is about to go to the hospital...aren't they smart trying to get out of a surgery ;)

I hope your arm is feeling better...hang in there...when do you see the doctor about it?

Glad you had a great weekend...you sure did deserve it!

Much love,
Samantha

Tina:0) said...

Okay, & I thought 'Wapakoneta' was a strange one! Glad that others get funny looks for the names of their cities!

Can't wait to see the pics... I need my fix!

We'll certainly be praying that all goes well & he's home quickly from the surgery:0)

Lea said...

I know what you mean about dreading the hospital. Even thogh it's such a nice hospital and the docs and nurses are great, but it doesn't matter, you just don't want to be there with your little one. Will be praying for Elijah, no overnight stay please! Can't wait to see the pics.

Lea

Unknown said...

I feel horrible but I don't remember why he is having surgery. Can you remind me please.

I'm glad you had a good time with family. I just loved the pool pics. He is such a cutie!

Ehlan said...

Lots of luck for Mr. Elijah and his surgery! Seriously, when can we stop talking about a play date and actually DO it??