Friday, August 22, 2008

Up down up down


Phone's for you, Mama!

Today was a bit of a trying day. I came home for lunch and Elijah seemed miserable. He was burning up and he was as tired and crabby as ever and he was still refusing to drink liquids. He was just a mess, and I was pretty upset about seeing him like that. I decided that I needed to stay with my baby for the rest of the afternoon. That was the very best thing for both of us, so I didn't go back into work. I got him to take a nap and he slept well. After his nap we had a few hours of happiness before he started to get hot again. Finally the thermometer was reading a temperature. He was 99.5 degrees when I put him to bed. Not bad, but still elevated a bit. We're not supposed to call the surgeon unless it gets over 100 degrees, so we will PRAY hard that we won't need to do that.


This furrowed brow face is new this week.




C is for Cookie....

Even though it was a tough day for me emotionally and we experienced some icky lows, I was also able to see some goodness for the first time since surgery so that was reassuring. We will keep a close eye on his temp throughout the night and we will pray and pray that nothing bad comes of this.

I was just telling Dan that if Elijah were a "normal," healthy child, this would be tough. But it wouldn't be THIS tough. I just can't stop thinking about his heart and how much harder his body works to accomplish things, and his solitary kidney and how much harder it has to work to process fluids....it just goes on and on. If only he were just a typical, healthy child healing from a typical surgery. If only!


Kissy face


Wanna play with my toy, Mama?


Feeling my big belly! Lately he has been touching his belly and belly button a lot. He will even touch his scars and look down at them like, What are these things??


He loves to share. If he has a cracker in his hand, he'll offer it to whoever is near. Now he will pretend share with me. He'll put his fingers together like there's a cracker there and he'll pretend to feed it to me.


Ronda and Andrew, look at his legs! Crossed again. :) He loves to be comfy. He crosses his legs all the time, whether he is sitting, lying down, on his tummy, on his back.. He is definitely my child!




Another new, cute face.

Dan came back home from the dropzone today because I was a wreck, but he'll be heading back in the morning hopefully to work for the rest of the weekend. I'm hoping and praying and praying and praying that Elijah doesn't give me any more scares so we can have a calm, relaxing, healing, healthy weekend.

All of your prayers for Baby Johnny have been paying off! He is doing much better now. Please continue to PRAY hard for him and his sweet parents. Stop by and leave them an encouraging comment on their blog if you get a chance.

7 comments:

Tina:0) said...

I LOVE the new faces!! What a ham... posing for the camera. And being so polite to share with you, Momma!

As for the "if only...", he wouldn't be your precious kissy faced little man if it weren't for all of his exentricities! Believe me, I've had this same discussion with myself many times! If only she were "normal", if only she would eat, if only... Well, then she wouldn't be Vaeh! He's the Elijah that God has destined him to be & this whole thing is making him such a special guy! Hope this helps - give me a call if you need to talk!

Smoochy moochy on those chubby adorable cheeks! I think I'd pinch them off if I could:0)! (just kidding!) Praying for a fever free, great weekend for all of you!
XOXOXO

mina said...

What a cutie! Elijah is getting to be so expressive. Hoping for a better weekend, it's so hard when you're torn between wanted to be there for your baby and having to work. Enjoy lots of time with him this weekend!

Kathy said...

Oh mama...I should have called you and let you laugh at my voice.
He looks good...hope that fever breaks. The feet crossing is too cute...
I'm sorry you had a tough day...I think it's in the air or something. HUGS to all of you...
and I KNOW that is helps that your sweet hubby came home tonight...what a sweetie.
YOU guys are too cute.
sweet dreams tonight...
thanks for posting all the adorable pics!!!
love,
kathy

Mami Adame said...

BIG hugs from us to you! We will pray for a fever free weekend for everyone! And ofcourse a calm, relaxing, healing weekend, we all need it!
xoxoxo,
Ana

Tiffers said...

Praying for a fever free weekend. He looks great in the pictures. The cookie looks really good! Take it easy this weekend and give you all time to rest.

Tiffany

my life: said...

Humor me...tell me that kissy face is for me!!!!!!
So, what I was thinking was...I could come and hang out with you today...what do you think? I totally wouldn't mind. ;^)

I so pray that the "kinks" work themselves out....I'm praying today will be a much better day!!!!
You are doing such a great job....

Ann(ie) said...

YOU need to get that munchkin of yours in commercials!!