Monday, August 25, 2008

Recovery continues

Just when I thought things were looking up for our little man, he decided to come down with another fever. It's still low, 99.1, but should he still be getting fevers, almost a week after surgery? We may call the doctor in the morning to see what they think. He is still just super fussy, too. He keeps grabbing at his diaper, so I'm sure he's itchy and uncomfortable. I'm not sure what I expected going into this, but I did not think he would struggle so much post-surgery. I noticed that he sneezed about a million times tonight, and that is usually a sign of a cold for him. NOOoo! I'm just feeling tired and blue and I want my baby to feel good. Please say some prayers for healing for him.

Here are some pics from our trip to the park on Sunday. Look at that happy face.










There are three reasons for me to share this pic. 1. So you can see my messy living room, 2. so you can see Elijah's cute pants with the baseball on the butt, and 3. so you can see him up on all fours, sooo ready to crawl. We've seen him try it a couple times, but he falls over and then just scoots to where he wants to go. He's getting there!

Thanks for checking in! Please continue to keep Johnny's family in your prayers. They are going to need a lot of prayer support in order to deal with their baby's passing.

10 comments:

mina said...

Just pretend you're not interested and Elijah will start crawling, trust me, been there, done that! I hope the sneezes don't turn into anything worse!

ThePicks said...

Super cute! And, his little outfit is adorable.
Hope he kicks the fever out of his system pronto!

Love,
The RA

Kathy said...

OH...I love his baseball bum!
and YOUR living room has NOTHING on mine! He is going to be crawling soon...are you ready?
Isaac just rolls into everything...but, boy does he get into everything already!
love,
kathy

Anonymous said...

Nooo, Elijah! No getting sick! We went through the random fever, sniffly stuff this weekend and it went away in a couple days. I hope Eli's does that, too!

Saying lots of prayers for Johnny's family. I read their blog and my heart just broke for them. What a sweet boy. I can't even begin to imagine the pain they're feeling. I'm praying hard for all of them.

Love ya,

Cindy

Tina:0) said...

Okay, so where's the mess in the living room? :0)

I agree with Kathy, that baseball bum is too cute! He looks sooo good up on all 4's - he'll take off crawling when you least expect it! The pics are great!

Johnny's family continues to be in our prayers...

Ann(ie) said...

Prayers en route my friend. Hang in there! You must be exhausted. And I challenge you to a messy living room contest anytime...I'll win. ;) xo. Give your boy a smooch from us.

jencooper said...

Okay - let's get Grace and Super E together so they can talk in their baby language about how much fun they are having giving their mommy's fits!!

He is such a smoochy. He is so ready to go....maybe he will do it next Wednesday (Sept 3) - that is Gracie's actual birthday!

<3,
Jennifer

THE LYONS FAMILY! said...

Praying Little Elijah feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

messy living room = amazing mom... not crawling yet = i'm ready to jump with daddy :-)

Unknown said...

Seriously Megan, I don't see a messy living room. And look at your beautiful living room carpet. Thank goodness we have tile or it would be black by now.

I just LOVE seeing him on all fours. I have never seen him in this position and he is so adorable. He is so ready to crawl.

I remember that is exactly what Arianna would do before she crawled. Just sit there and stare at everything. Then I brought in the mail and I knew how much she loved paper so I put in on the floor and she just went for it! Is there something he absolutely loves but doesn't get all the time? Try putting that in front of him and see if it motivates him. Just a suggestions even though I'm sure you've already tried everything.