Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Done

The surgeon just came in to tell us that everything is finished. He said, "Oh. I am tired," and sat on the floor. He ended up doing a lot of reconstructive work, and was able to get everything done that he wanted to. We should be able to see him within an hour, and then we will gauge how he feels, eats, etc.. We asked if there was ANY possible way to go home today and he said as long as cardiology approved it, then we could. We'll see how he is doing once he gets in here and then we may be making a phone call to cardiology. The thought of sleeping on this cold floor does not sound appealing.

Thanks for checking in! Hopefully our next update will be from home.

8 comments:

Samantha said...

Oh GOOD!!!! I am now praying for cardiology to allow you to go home to recover...I think they do so much better at home, and afterall, Elijah is some kind of a superstar who just breezes through everything!!!! NO COLD FLOORS TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much love my friends!
Samantha

Sarah said...

So good to hear the news that it is over and all went well. Awesome that you may be able to go home. I got to go in for the first time this last cath. and I said the same thing, not sure if I'll ever do that again. I think it helped Evan stay calm but me.... I was freaking out.

mina said...

Good to hear the surgery went well. I hope Elijah does well enough that you can go home, I'm sure you're NOT looking forward to spending a night in the hospital!

Tina:0) said...

Oh, I'm so glad that it went well! I'm just checking in for the first time today, so...

Praying that he eats well enough & is doing well enough that cardiology feels comfortable sending you home tonight!! Give that little man some smoochy-moochies for me!

my life: said...

YAY!!! So glad everything went well....completely praying for your "release" :^)

Ehlan said...

Glad everything went well; hope you can go home tonight!

Kathy said...

Yeah for Elijah!!!
Superstar indeed!!!
I hope that you guys get to go home...smoochy on that chubster for me!!!
(Let us know if you're able to see Lea and Dave and Mr. Johnny!)
Love,
kathy

jencooper said...

Way to go Elijah!! I am so glad that things went well. Now get home and love on that baby!!

<3,
Jennifer