Sunday, August 24, 2008

Prayer please

I started today off feeling frustrated. I wondered WHY Elijah couldn't clap his hands yet and WHY he couldn't really say any words. I focused on the fact that he really acts more like a baby who is 12 months old and that there are many things that he SHOULD be doing that he's not. Then I checked Johnny's blog. And I cried. And I reprimanded myself for being upset about my son's lack of progress. Elijah is alive and well and doing his best. Johnny passed away. He is gone.

My heart is breaking right now. I cannot fathom having my child die in my arms. It is inconceivable. My heart goes out to Johnny's parents and his big sister. I wish there was something we could do to relieve their pain. I cannot fathom the pain they are feeling.

Please, say some prayers for these very sweet and special people. Dave and Lea are amazing and they have just endured the most difficult thing any person can endure. They lost their child. Pray for them.

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Isaac can't clap either...
and I check on Johnny's blog like every hour...and it just broke my heart today when I woke up and saw how their day started.
They are in our prayers.

Tina:0) said...

There's always something that puts things into perspective, but why does it have to be something so terrible?

We're keeping Johnny's family in our prayers!

mina said...

I am sorry to hear about Johnny, what a sad thing to happen. Elijah is a blessing, and I'm sure he'll do everything, but when he's good and ready

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Very sad news... Makes you relise just how lucky we are to have our children with us...

my life: said...

My heart is broken for this family.....

Colin's Blog said...

Megan-I was in the same frustrated mood this morning when I checked your blog and got the news about Johnny. Right now none of that stuff seems important. My heart is broken for Johnny's family and I will keep them as I do all the heart families in my daily prayers.

Good to see that Eliah is making progress after his surgery. Really cute pictures-wish I could squeeze him in person. By the way-Colin crosses his feet all the time too.

Wendy said...

Hi Megan,

I am so so sorry to read about Johnny. My prayers are with this precious family. I can't even imagine the pain that they are feeling right now. It really does put our troubles into perspective, doesn't it?

I hope that sweet Elijah is feeling better now. He is such a cute little man! I was glad to hear that his surgery went well....these kids are so strong and amazing.

Give him a big hug from us, and know that you aren't alone in wondering when our kids will do things....it's all in their own time.

Lots of Heart Hugs & Prayers,

Wendy (& Emma, too!) ~ 2 1/2 years old, TOF, 6q deletion syndrome

www.caringbridge.org/visit/emmanicole

jencooper said...

I am saying lots of prayers for Tommy's family....and hugging my kids extra tight tonight.

<3,
Jennifer