Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fun things & not fun things

Once Dan got home from his Man Weekend today we spent some time with friends on Prior Lake (Elijah's first boat ride! Thanks, Lisa!), but most of the rest of the day was a difficult one. I think Elijah is sick again, on top of his recent sickness. He ate barely anything all day, which is very unusual. He was pretty grumpy and whiny and tired for most of the day, and did lots of coughing and had lots of goopy boogers. Poor little man, something is going on in that little body. We tried to feed him a little dinner when we got home from the lake, but he tossed all of his food on the floor, so we put him straight to bed and he hasn't made a peep since.

His surgery is scheduled for this Wednesday and I'm praying that some miraculous healing happens before then so we can get it over with. I'm not feeling so sure about that right now, but we'll just have to wait and see. Every time we have a big hospital visit approaching Elijah decides to get sick and stress Mama out.


Hmmmmm, not so sure about this life jacket


I finally caught some flirty faces on camera


Chillin' on the boat, flirting with the ladies


Look at that beautiful face, I could just munch on it


Driving the boat, but not happy about it


Truck? Nope, not even a truck can make him happy. Time to go home!!

12 comments:

Lea said...

I will be praying for Elijah, that he is well for his surgery. If you are at the hospital Wed and feel up for visiting us, please stop by the PICU. We would love to see you.

Krista said...

Sending up bunches of prayers for healing this week...I think you nailed it when you said he just wants to stress you out. I'm glad you got some fun in the usn today and quality time through the weekend...maybe the little guy is just worn out and needs a good sleep...let's home so!

Anonymous said...

Saying lots of get well prayers! I sure hope this stuff goes away quickly so the surgery won't have to be postponed. Keep us posted!

Love ya,

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hey! What cute pics of you guys on the boat. Sorry to hear that he doesn't seem to be feeling well though, but I will pray my hardest for the little man. He looks like a little boy, not a baby in that picture of him sitting on the floor in your living room. Tell him to quit losing some chub! I'll pray for peace for you today and tomorrow and a the ok on the pre-op!
xoxox
Ann Marie

Samantha said...

Hoping that the adorable chunky monkey gets to feeling better for his surgery on Wednesday...funny how they seem to be able to sense a surgery and purposely get sick to get out of it...silly kiddos!

Hang in there and many thoughts of health for little man.

Much love,
Samantha

Kathy said...

Oh..I hope he starts feeling better. He does look quite handsome on that boat...I would not be able to keep my hands off those chunky cheeks...I would be sure to munch a little off!!!

Keep us updated...we'll keep him in our prayers.

love,
kathy

Tina:0) said...

I think that it's programed into their DNA that kids are supposed to stress their parents, especially moms!

Poor little guy! He looks like he just needs a good long nap cuddling on Momma's lap!

Praying that the surgery goes well without complications & that he's back home soon! Give him big hugs from us!

Andrea said...

He is such a cutie pie in his hat! I'm praying he gets over this little cold quickly so we can get this surgery out of the way.

jencooper said...

He is so cute...even when he doesn't feel good. I could just come and munch on those cheeks. I hope that he starts feeling better very soon!!

<3,
Jen

Anonymous said...

My little Elijah! Why are you stressing out your Mama! I know it's not your fault, little one. I will be praying for you to get better, and for that miraculous recovery. Goopy boogers begone!

Mami Adame said...

Hope he starts feeling better super fast! Sure doesn't keep him from looking so adorable and handsome! We'll keep you in our prayers!

Mami Adame said...
This comment has been removed by the author.