Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tired and sore

We had a much better night than I anticipated. Elijah woke up at 1:30 in pain, so Dan gave him tome pain meds and they seemed to work well. He was awake yelping in pain a little bit here and there throughout the early morning hours, but for the most part he seemed to get a decent night of sleep. When I got him out of his crib this morning, he wrapped his arms around my neck really tight and would not let go. He looked around the room, probably to make sure we were not in the hospital, but still wouldn't let go of me. I sat down with him and talked to him and held him close for a while and that calmed him down a little bit. He's not himself at all, but I don't think I would be either if I had just had such an icky surgery. He's super tired, grumpy, sore and clingy. When I left for work he looked at me like, MAMA! How could you leave me right now?! and started to cry. It broke my heart. Dan is home with him today, so he will get plenty of Daddy loves.

Please keep baby Johnny in your prayers. He had a very rough day yesterday and a scary night. I was able to quickly stop by the ICU and see him yesterday while we were at Childrens. His mama is just so sweet. My heart aches for the roller coaster ride his parents are on right now.

7 comments:

jencooper said...

I am so happy to hear that you had an okay night. That is much better than a yucky night!! I hope that he has fun with Daddy, but I know that he will be ready to get some Mama loving when you get home.

Sorry to hear about your fiasco yesterday. I AM glad that you were able to get home. There is no place like home!!

<3,
jennifer

mina said...

I'm glad you had a fairly good night. I hope Elijah feels better soon!

Sarah said...

Glad to hear that he had a descent nights sleep... I know that was hard for you to leave - leave early and go love on him (easy for me to say, huh, as I sit at work wishing I could leave too.)

Sarah said...

Glad to hear that he had a descent nights sleep... I know that was hard for you to leave - leave early and go love on him (easy for me to say, huh, as I sit at work wishing I could leave too.)

Ann(ie) said...

It's hard to leave those lil munchkins to go to work, isn't it? He'll be so excited to see you when you get home, though!!! Oh and you're very deserving of a little shoe shopping on your lunch hour. ;)

Colin's Blog said...

So happy that the surgery is over and that you were able to go home. I understand how mentally draining the hospital is!! I'm already stressing out about the winter and possible hospitalizations. Heart babies never leave the hospital quickly.

Praying for no issues and that Elijah is himself again really soon.

Love,
The Domanicos

Tina:0) said...

So glad that your night went fairly well! I hope you run home from work to love on him!!

Praying that you all have a good weekend & that Elijah is back to his loving self soon! Give him big smooches from us!:0)