Friday, June 15, 2012

FIVE DAYS, PEOPLE!

We are on FIVE DAYS OF CLEAN/DRY PANTS, friends. Can you believe it?! I can't. Things are just click-click-clicking for that boy. Elijah's reward today was a visit to Dairy Queen. Can you tell he was happy?


All day he kept saying, "Mama! You are happy when I poop in the toilet! And we get to do fun things!" EXACTLY, CHILD. 


And by the way, never. NEVER. have I talked about poop so much in my entire life. :)


Since Dan was working today, Sammy of course reaped the DQ benefits, too, which he wasn't complaining at all about.


This boy, he melts my heart. He is such a sweet, gentle, independent, smart little guy. Have I mentioned that he knows how to count to ten? And he knows his alphabet? And he knows his shapes and colors and about a million other things? How did we get two such smarty-pants boys?!


If you are wondering about the leg infection.. I brought E back to see the doctor this morning because his leg looked different this morning. I didn't know if it was better or worse, but it had changed a lot overnight. The redness was less red, but it was taking up most of his little calf. And there was a bumpy little...thing...in the center, where the spider (we are presuming it was a spider) bit him.

The doctor was unsure at first about whether it was better or worse, but felt we could wait another day to see what happened. He was still limping around today, but I felt better overall. After three more doses of meds today, I feel confident that things will be even better tomorrow. Thank you for the prayers.

And here are a few of our silly PhotoBooth photos. Elijah loooooves PhotoBooth with Mama. 

We visited the moon! We are howling! Ok, just I am howling. :)


Finally Sammy is interested in this, too. :)


Elijah is such a silly kid. He loves tickle sessions and goofy talk and all kinds of silliness.


I took mental notes of a few things today that I wanted to put into writing. Elijah has a few quirky little things that he is a little bit obsessive about. One of those things is having hangnails. Oh my goodness, this boy cannot tolerate having the tiniest hangnail on one of his fingers! "MOM! OH NO! I HAVE A HAAAAANG-NAAAAAIL!" I run to him as swiftly as possible with clippers in hand because the complaining that occurs can be a bit crazy.


Another of his obsessive things is his hair. He cannot stand having hair on his forehead! When his hair is longer, he swipes it away constantly with his hands. When it is windy, he yells, "HAIR BLOWING IN FAAAAACE!" The other day I bent over to get something out of the oven and he said, "MOM! Swipe your hair out of your FACE! Like THIS!" and he showed me how to do it. Thanks, Elijah.


And a few sweet Sammy things to end with. This boy is insanely sweet. Lately at bed-time, after books, prayers and songs, I carry Sammy to bed (Elijah walks). I put Sammy into his crib and he leans over the railing and hugs me super tight and says, "SUH-SHINE!" I say, "Sammy, you are my sunshine," and I sing him You Are My Sunshine and I melt into a puddle.


Sam pushes Elijah's buttons big-time, but he always follows it up with kindness. He will take a toy from Elijah (screaming from E ensues) and then gives it back and says, "Here you go, uh-YA-YA!" and then gives him a big kiss and a hug.


We have no idea what is in store for our weekend! Our lives depend on the weather and sickness! :) Have a great weekend, everyone.

1 comment:

Cecilia said...

Elijah did it! Good job!

Love all the photos, so lovely!

Have a nice weekend xoxo